Last year ASUS established its Hua Ching subsidiary in order to sell products on the cost-sensitive markets, for instance, in Asia, South-America, Africa and so on, however, due to current market situation the products appeared for selling even in the USA and Western Europe. Nevertheless, it seems that ASUS is not really satisfied with the results and decided to launch its own series of cheap mainboards under ASUS brand.
Never before seen combination of ASUS and low prices today come alive along the new X-Series mainboards. All X products are said to cost below $100 and come equipped with integrated LAN controller. The following mainboards will be available in March 2003:
- P4S8X-X (SiS648, HyperThreading Technology Support);
- A7V8X-X (VIA KT400);
- P4S533-X (SiS645DX, 2 DDR + 2 SDRAM memory slots);
- P4S533-MX (mATX, SiS651, 2 DDR + 2 SDRAM memory slots);
- P4BGL-MX (mATX, Intel 845GL);
- PXP-X (Intel 845D, up to 533MHz Quad Pumped Bus; 2 DDR + 2 SDRAM memory slots).
Currently there is no information about any additional features such devices can provide. We also have nothing to share with you in regards performance of the newcomers.