As we predicted a number of weeks ago, i845PE-based products with 800MHz Quad Pumped Bus support may have a lot of chances to become rather popular as low-cost solutions for future Intel Pentium 4 processors with high-speed PSB. Today MSI and Shuttle announced their new mainboards powered by the mentioned core-logic with official 800MHz QPB support.
Although specifications of MSI’s 845PE Max3 and Shuttle’s AB48P/N are quite obvious, please still have a look at them :)
- Supports Socket 478 Pentium 4 / Celeron processors with 400/533 and even 800MHz (with overclocking) FSB with 3.06GHz clock-speed and above;
- Can take advantage of the CPUs with the Hyper-Threading technology enabled;
- i845PE chipset, including i82845PE MCH and i82801DA ICH4;
- 3 DIMM (2 DIMMs for Shuttle mainboard) slots for up to 2GB of PC2100, PC2700 or PC3200 DDR SDRAM memory;
- 5 PCI slots and 1 AGP 4x slot for Shuttle mainboard and 6 PCI slots, an AGP 4x and a CNR slot for MSI’s product;
- 2-channel ATA-100/66/33 integrated controller;
- Optional 2 Serial ATA-150 ports on MSI’s solution.
- 6 USB 2.0 ports;
- FireWire (IEEE1394) provided by the 845PE Max3;
- 10/100Mbit/s Ethernet adapter and even Gigabit Ethernet supported by MSI 845PE Max3;
- 6-channel AC’97 audio-solution;
- All proprietary technologies by MSI and Shuttle;
- ATX Form Factor.
The mainboards will be available later this Spring and for a cheaper prices compared to the products based on i865-series and i875P chipsets.
Find out more about low-cost solutions with 800MHz Quad Pumped Bus in the news-stories below.