Gigabyte Technology today unveiled yet another “GT” series components – P4 Titan GT mainboards designed for the most-powerful Intel Pentium 4 processors. Following some other leading mainboard makers, Gigabyte enabled trendy dynamic overclocking technologies to adjust CPU and memory performance depending on system load.
In mid-2003 Microstar International unveiled its Dynamic Overclocking Technology that allowed some of the company’s mainboards to significantly outperform competing offerings from other makers by overclocking CPU and RAM speeds under high load. Thorough tests discovered that MSI’s DOT is absolutely safe capability and does not affect system’s functionality or stability in any way. Apparently, there are more companies, who wish to offer the same kind of features to their customers, one of them is Gigabyte Technology.
Gigabyte’s P4 Titan GT edition mainboards are expected to boast special software applications, namely C.I.A. (CPU Intelligent Accelerator) and M.I.B. (Memory Intelligent Booster), allowing users to boost the speed of their PCs automatically.
- C.I.A. is designed to automatically adjust CPU clock-speed to maximize system performance. When enabled, the program detects the current CPU loading and automatically accelerates the CPU computing performance in order to get execution faster. When the function is disabled, the CPU will return to its initial status.
- M.I.B. (Memory Intelligent Booster) technology is designed to maximize memory performance by boosting memory bandwidth up to 10% and also shortening memory latencies.
Massive availability of Gigabyte’s “Grand Touring” mainboards with C.I.A and M.I.B. features is expected for later time, presumably when the next-generations of mainboards come out; nevertheless, Gigabyte is now offering two products that feature these notable capabilities – GA-8EG1000-G and Pro-G mainboards with the following features:
- Supports Socket 478 Pentium 4/Celeron processors with 400/533/800MHz Quad Pumped Bus with up to 3.40GHz clock-speed and above;
- Can take advantage of the CPUs with the Hyper-Threading technology enabled;
- i865PE/i865G chipset;
- 4 DIMM slots for up to 4GB of PC2100, PC2700 or PC3200 DDR SDRAM memory. Dual-channel memory bus support: the memory modules should be identical and installed in pairs;
- Intel Extreme Graphics 2 for i865G-based platform only;
- 5 PCI slots and 1 AGP Pro 8x slot;
- 2-channel ATA-100/66/33 integrated controller;
- 2 Serial ATA-150 ports;
- Up to 8 USB 2.0 ports;
- FireWire (IEEE1394) support;
- 10/100/1000Mbit/s Ethernet adapter from Marvel;
- 6-channel audio solution;
- Lots of additional tuning functions, including technologies found on all present mainboards from Gigabyte;
- ATX Form Factor.
Actual pricing of new Gigabyte’s mainboards may vary depending on the region and is not currently declared.