Kingston Technology, a leading supplier of memory modules and flash drives, on Wednesday detailed its family of triple-channel memory module kits designed for next-generation Intel Core i7 processor and Intel X58 chipset-based platforms. Apparently, Kingston will be the first company to offer end-users 2GHz memory modules designed for Intel Core i7 chips.
“Kingston is excited to bring the fastest DDR3 triple-channel memory products to market as we are the first to deliver 2000MHz gaming kits of three with reduced voltage. All of our triple-channel kits can be overclocked manually or by using XMP-ready profiles. The 2GHz modules have been tested to support up to that speed on Asus P6T Deluxe motherboards while the Intel DX58SO motherboards have been tested up to 1600MHz,” said Mark Tekunoff, senior technology manager at Kingston.
The DDR3 lineup from Kingston is pretty broad in terms of performance and price-points, however, unlike its rivals, such as Corsair Memory, OCZ Technology and Patriot Memory, Kingston decided not to introduce 6GB memory kits aimed at gamers at first, but concentrate on 3GB sets. The firm still plans to bring two 6GB kits for those who do not plan to overclock their systems.
Kingston’s DDR3 triple-channel memory kit family looks as follows:
- Kingston HyperX PC3-16000 3GB with XMP: 2000MHz clock-speed, CL9 9-9-27 latency settings, 1.65V voltage (KHX16000D3K3/3GX) – $334
- Kingston HyperX PC3-14900 3GB with XMP: 1866MHz clock-speed, CL9 9-9-27 latency settings, 1.65V voltage (KHX14900D3K3/3GX) – $317
- Kingston HyperX PC3-14400 3GB with XMP: 1800MHz clock-speed, CL9 9-9-27 latency settings, 1.65V voltage (KHX14400D3K3/3GX) – $312
- Kingston HyperX PC3-12800 3GB with XMP: 1600MHz clock-speed, CL8 8-8-24 latency settings, 1.65V voltage (KHX12800D3LLK3/3GX) – $285
- Kingston HyperX PC3-11000 3GB with XMP: 1375MHz clock-speed, CL7 7-7-20 latency settings, 1.65V voltage (KHX11000D3LLK3/3GX ) – $192
- Kingston ValueRAM PC3-10666 6GB: 1333MHz clock-speed, CL9 9-9 latency settings, 1.5V voltage (KVR1333D3N9K3/6G) – $240
- Kingston ValueRAM PC3-10666 3GB: 1333MHz clock-speed, CL9 9-9 latency settings, 1.5V voltage (KVR1333D3N9K3/3G) – $132
- Kingston ValueRAM PC3-8500 6GB: 1066MHz clock-speed, CL7 7-7 latency settings, 1.5V voltage (KVR1066D3N7K3/6G) – $240
- Kingston ValueRAM PC3-8500 3GB: 1066MHz clock-speed, CL7 7-7 latency settings, 1.5V voltage (KVR1066D3N7K3/3G) – $142
With 2GHz DDR3 memory modules with relatively low voltage settings designed for Intel Core i7 central processing units in the lineup, Kingston has all chances to substantially boost its sales and become more popular among enthusiasts seeking for maximum performance possible.