by Anton Shilov
04/21/2011 | 05:15 PM
A high-ranking executive of Nintendo admitted that the company is in process of developing its next-generation non-portable video game system that will succeed the massively successful, but aging Wii. No official details were released, but the information appears to be in line with previous reports that Nintendo is developing its future console.
“Even when the Wii launched we were developing new hardware, work on 3DS had already started. It’s a matter of when we announce it," said Shigeru Miyamoto, the manager of Nintendo entertainment analysis and development branch, in a conversation with Edge Magazine.
Nintendo is already showing off prototypes of its next-generation non-portable game console to game developers in a bid to attract their attention and ensure they have enough time to create titles, according recent media reports. The system is allegedly due in late 2012 and will be showcased first at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) trade show, which will take place June 7-9, 2011, in Los Angeles, California.
The new home console from Nintendo, which the company reportedly currently demos to game designers, is capable of running video games at high-definition resolutions. It is also known that Nintendo will attempt to address the market of hardcore games with its forthcoming device.
Mr. Miyamoto reportedly did not confirm that the game console will be publicly demonstrated at the forthcoming E3 trade-show.
“Please wait. Be patient until we decide," said the legendary Nintendo executive in the brief interview.