Foxconn Electronics, the world's largest contract maker of electronics, is said to be planning a further expansion of its factory in Henan province in China in a bid to dramatically expand manufacturing capacities for Apple iPad, iPhone and other electronics gadgets.

The manufacturing facilities in Foxconn Science Park in Zhengzhou, provincial capital of Henan, will next year be expanded to 95 surface-mount technology (SMT) production lines, an unprecedented number. The expansion plan, costing 7 billion yuan ($1.1 billion), is expected to bring $20 billion in sales revenue in 2012, according to China Daily.

At present Foxconn can produce 200 thousand of iPhone smartphones daily. With further popularization of smartphones and teblets next year, Foxconn will likely land additional orders from Apple as well as its rivals in 2012. As a result, the world's largest electronics manufacturing facility will not stand idle.

Foxconn currently employs 1.2 million people worldwide with one million located in China.

Tags: Foxconn, Apple, iPhone, iPad

Discussion started: 12/28/11 11:35:46 AM
Latest comment: 01/01/12 01:37:49 AM

I wonder, what the hell is the lady in the back doing inside the clean room wearing jeans, crocs, no head cover and shoulder bag...?
Who's gonna be the lucky owner of the next hairy iDunno gadget?
0 0 [Posted by: jimib  | Date: 12/28/11 11:35:46 AM]

Trampolines under every window this time.
0 0 [Posted by: Papoulka  | Date: 12/28/11 09:37:43 PM]

My friend was working on apple and he changed his profession and life build career because he discovered the best method to get a ipad for free. Each problem which I have with iPad it's finished for me because my friend Mike helps me.
After he told me the best method to get a free iPad 2, it always helps me with all sorts of questions I have. This is his job and I appreciate very much his website free-us-ipad.com .
I hope that he will help you with your all questions. It is an amazing man. All my family got free ipads 2 + white smartcover. It's a user proof category there if you don`t believe me. This man is my idol
0 0 [Posted by: timoftelaur  | Date: 12/29/11 01:33:16 AM]

1 suicide for every thousand apples..............
0 0 [Posted by: alpha0ne  | Date: 01/01/12 01:37:49 AM]

Monday, April 14, 2014

8:23 am | Microsoft Vows to Release Xbox 360 Emulator for Xbox One. Microsoft Xbox One May Gain Compatibility with Xbox 360 Games

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

10:39 am | Microsoft Reveals Kinect for Windows v2 Hardware. Launch of New Kinect for Windows Approaches

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

1:57 pm | Facebook to Acquire Virtual Reality Pioneer, Oculus VR. Facebook Considers Virtual Reality as Next-Gen Social Platform

1:35 pm | Intel Acquires Maker of Wearable Computing Devices. Basis Science Becomes Fully-Owned Subsidiary of Intel

Monday, March 24, 2014

10:53 pm | Global UHD TV Shipments Total 1.6 Million Units in 2013 – Analysts. China Ahead of the Whole World with 4K TV Adoption

10:40 pm | Crytek to Adopt AMD Mantle Mantle API for CryEngine. Leading Game Developer Adopts AMD Mantle

9:08 pm | Microsoft Unleashes DirectX 12: One API for PCs, Mobile Gadgets and Xbox One. Microsoft Promises Increased Performance, New Features with DirectX 12

3:33 pm | PowerVR Wizard: Imagination Reveals World’s First Ray-Tracing GPU IP for Mobile Devices. Imagination Technologies Brings Ray-Tracing, Hybrid Rendering Modes to Smartphones and Tablets

2:00 pm | Nokia Now Expects to Close Deal with Microsoft in Q2. Sale of Nokia’s Division to Close Next Month