Foxconn Electronics, the world's largest contract maker of electronics, is said to be planning a further expansion of its factory in Henan province in China in a bid to dramatically expand manufacturing capacities for Apple iPad, iPhone and other electronics gadgets.

The manufacturing facilities in Foxconn Science Park in Zhengzhou, provincial capital of Henan, will next year be expanded to 95 surface-mount technology (SMT) production lines, an unprecedented number. The expansion plan, costing 7 billion yuan ($1.1 billion), is expected to bring $20 billion in sales revenue in 2012, according to China Daily.

At present Foxconn can produce 200 thousand of iPhone smartphones daily. With further popularization of smartphones and teblets next year, Foxconn will likely land additional orders from Apple as well as its rivals in 2012. As a result, the world's largest electronics manufacturing facility will not stand idle.

Foxconn currently employs 1.2 million people worldwide with one million located in China.

Tags: Foxconn, Apple, iPhone, iPad

Discussion started: 12/28/11 11:35:46 AM
Latest comment: 01/01/12 01:37:49 AM

I wonder, what the hell is the lady in the back doing inside the clean room wearing jeans, crocs, no head cover and shoulder bag...?
Who's gonna be the lucky owner of the next hairy iDunno gadget?
0 0 [Posted by: jimib  | Date: 12/28/11 11:35:46 AM]

Trampolines under every window this time.
0 0 [Posted by: Papoulka  | Date: 12/28/11 09:37:43 PM]

My friend was working on apple and he changed his profession and life build career because he discovered the best method to get a ipad for free. Each problem which I have with iPad it's finished for me because my friend Mike helps me.
After he told me the best method to get a free iPad 2, it always helps me with all sorts of questions I have. This is his job and I appreciate very much his website free-us-ipad.com .
I hope that he will help you with your all questions. It is an amazing man. All my family got free ipads 2 + white smartcover. It's a user proof category there if you don`t believe me. This man is my idol
0 0 [Posted by: timoftelaur  | Date: 12/29/11 01:33:16 AM]

1 suicide for every thousand apples..............
0 0 [Posted by: alpha0ne  | Date: 01/01/12 01:37:49 AM]

Monday, August 4, 2014

4:04 pm | HGST Shows-Off World’s Fastest SSD Based on PCM Memory. Phase-Change Memory Power’s World’s Fastest Solid-State Drive

Monday, July 28, 2014

6:02 pm | Microsoft’s Mobile Strategy Seem to Fail: Sales of Lumia and Surface Remain Low. Microsoft Still Cannot Make Windows a Popular Mobile Platform

12:11 pm | Intel Core i7-5960X “Haswell-E” De-Lidded: Twelve Cores and Alloy-Based Thermal Interface. Intel Core i7-5960X Uses “Haswell-EP” Die, Promises Good Overclocking Potential

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

10:40 pm | ARM Preps Second-Generation “Artemis” and “Maya” 64-Bit ARMv8-A Offerings. ARM Readies 64-Bit Cores for Non-Traditional Applications

7:38 pm | AMD Vows to Introduce 20nm Products Next Year. AMD’s 20nm APUs, GPUs and Embedded Chips to Arrive in 2015

4:08 am | Microsoft to Unify All Windows Operating Systems for Client PCs. One Windows OS will Power PCs, Tablets and Smartphones