We have almost completed our series of reviews of mainboards with the Intel X79 Express chipset and we are going to focus on newer LGA1155 products in the near future. There are still a few LGA2011 mainboards we’d like to tell you about, though. ASUS being the indisputable leader among mainboard makers, we tested their flagship Asus P9X79 Deluxe when the LGA2011 platform had just been released and were pleased with its broad functionality. Later on, the ASUS Rampage IV Formula from the enthusiast-targeted Republic of Gamers series helped us reach our highest overclocking results. Another special mainboard series from ASUS comes under the name of The Ultimate Force or just TUF and features, besides a characteristic appearance, components of such a high quality that ASUS offers an unprecedented 5-year warranty for it. Of course, we couldn’t help checking out ASUS Sabertooth X79.
Packaging and Accessories
The TUF series is special in many ways, starting from its packaging. Like the rest of the TUF models, the Sabertooth X79 is shipped in a box that looks like metallic. You can find the product's picture and specs on the back of the box. A brief review of its key features can be seen behind the flip-back cover.
The mainboard is additionally packed into a sturdy box with a plastic cover, the two bottom compartments containing its accessories:
- Six SATA cables with L-shaped metal connector locks. Two pairs designed for SATA 6 Gbps devices (with white inserts in the connectors);
- A flexible bridge for two-way Nvidia SLI graphics configurations;
- “Asus Q-Connector Kit” including adapters for easy connection of the system case front panel buttons and indicators and a USB 2.0 port;
- Additional 35x35x10 mm fan;
- I/O Shield for the back panel;
- User manual;
- Reliability certificate indicating the components testing procedures;
- 5-year warranty information sheet in multiple languages;
- DVD disk with software and drivers;
- “Powered by Asus” and “TUF Inside” sticker.