Quite a few mainboard makers offer not only regular mainstream products, but also exclusive mainboard series. Take, for instance, “Fatal1ty” series from ASRock, “Republic of Gamers” series from ASUS, “G1-Killer” series from Gigabyte or “Big Bang” series from MSI. All mainboard makers stress the use of high-quality electronic components, but only Asus actually back up their words with sound actions by introducing “TUF” (The Ultimate Force) mainboard series. “TUF” mainboards have a lot of peculiarities, some of which are typical of all mainboards in the series, and some are unique for specific mainboard models, but they all share one common feature: extended warranty period of 5 years. Our today’s review will talk about Asus Sabertooth Z77 mainboard from the “TUF” series. We will try to recall the already familiar features and get acquainted with some of the brand new ones as well.
Packaging and Accessories
Like all other “TUF” mainboards, Asus Sabertooth Z77 comes in a package with typical design. The cardboard packaging is designed as a metal box with a flip-open front cover. The broadside of the box as well as the back side of it offers a brief list of the mainboard features. Besides that, there is a mainboard photo on the back of the box alongside the list of its technical specifications.
The mainboard inside the cardboard packaging sits in a separate box with a plastic lid with all the accessories arranged beneath it:
- Four Serial ATA cables with metal L-shaped connector locks. One pair is specifically designed for SATA 6 Gbps devices (with white inserts in the connectors);
- A flexible bridge for two-way Nvidia SLI graphics configurations;
- Two 35 mm fans;
- “Asus Q-Connector” kit including adapters for easy connection of the system case front panel buttons and indicators and a USB 2.0 port;
- I/O Shield for the back panel;
- Accessory Package:
- Frame for installing a 40 mm fan;
- Three dust filters for PCI Express x16 slots;
- Three dust filters for PCI Express x1 slots;
- Two dust filters for memory DIMM slots;
- Two short and four long screws for fastening the fans;
- Sticky pad for the 35 mm fan;
- User manual;
- Accessory Guide describing proper use of additional accessories;
- Reliability certificate listing all component testing methods;
- DVD disk with software and drivers;
- “Powered by Asus” and “TUF Inside” stickers for the system case.